Beginning Thursday (
beginthurs) wrote2010-02-18 09:17 am
Alternate Lives
Once upon a time, there was an alt named Cynthia Wonder. She incarnated into Second Life, as alts do, because her original persona had accumulated too many expectations and her operator just wanted to be somebody else for a while.
(Obviously, I'm familiar with that impulse, because that's roughly how I came to be, myself.)
Cynthia's operator didn't particularly want to buy an entire new wardrobe on top of everything else, so Cynthia availed herself of the Deluxe Bunnysuit for sale at the marvelous Curio Obscura, which provided Cynthia with a simple, well crafted and admittedly sexy outfit in a wide range of colors.
Cynthia wore nothing but the bunnysuit (except on Halloween, when she reportedly wore a business suit) as she wandered Second Life and found herself accumulating a new set of expectations. And somewhere along the line, she found herself the general of the Army of Bunnies, a Group devoted to, well, female avies wearing bunnysuits.
Why? Why not? Surely Second Life has seen sillier things about.
When I found out about it I thought, what the heck, sign me up. It'll give me an excuse for a fun outfit to wear at my hostess shift at Grizzy's Cafe. Next thing I know, my Thursday night (when else?) early shift at Grizzy's has become Bunny Invasion night and I've already been promoted to Corporal for my small part in making it happen.
CyFishy has been invited to join in, and might do at some point, but right now he seems to be solidly male and has no immediate urges to shift back to female, as he would need to do in order to fulfill the duties of a Bunny Army soldier. Nothing's been ruled out, though.
I will be providing pictures soon, probably from my hostess shift tonight. I show up at 5:00 PM SLT to hold down the fort until the regular hostess shows up around 6:00 PM. Do a Search on "Grizzy's Cafe" and you should find it, if you'd like to say hello.
(Obviously, I'm familiar with that impulse, because that's roughly how I came to be, myself.)
Cynthia's operator didn't particularly want to buy an entire new wardrobe on top of everything else, so Cynthia availed herself of the Deluxe Bunnysuit for sale at the marvelous Curio Obscura, which provided Cynthia with a simple, well crafted and admittedly sexy outfit in a wide range of colors.
Cynthia wore nothing but the bunnysuit (except on Halloween, when she reportedly wore a business suit) as she wandered Second Life and found herself accumulating a new set of expectations. And somewhere along the line, she found herself the general of the Army of Bunnies, a Group devoted to, well, female avies wearing bunnysuits.
Why? Why not? Surely Second Life has seen sillier things about.
When I found out about it I thought, what the heck, sign me up. It'll give me an excuse for a fun outfit to wear at my hostess shift at Grizzy's Cafe. Next thing I know, my Thursday night (when else?) early shift at Grizzy's has become Bunny Invasion night and I've already been promoted to Corporal for my small part in making it happen.
CyFishy has been invited to join in, and might do at some point, but right now he seems to be solidly male and has no immediate urges to shift back to female, as he would need to do in order to fulfill the duties of a Bunny Army soldier. Nothing's been ruled out, though.
I will be providing pictures soon, probably from my hostess shift tonight. I show up at 5:00 PM SLT to hold down the fort until the regular hostess shows up around 6:00 PM. Do a Search on "Grizzy's Cafe" and you should find it, if you'd like to say hello.